MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing as I've been hacked, I've got two questions:

1. My Database's (the posts, etc.) are still in tact, but the board is messed up. I've lost access to the Admin CP, as the password has been changed. Any fix at all for this?
2. Is there a converter available to go from a [working or non working] MyBB Board => Invision PowerBoard?

thanks.
1. Go to phpmyadmin, table mybb_users and look for your account. change the password to watever password you want, and the usergroup to "4", which is admin. then rapidly go to your admincp, look for the hacker's profile and ban his lime. then be sure to patch the files (the security update recently released)

2. ask that in the IPB forums.
1. Can't find my account anywhere in there. (must have been deleted)
2. The passwords I see are all encrypted....
You probably won't be able to keep your passwords when you convert to Invision Board because of how our seed/hashing system works.

Passwords are md5'd twice, like: md5(md5($password).$seed); meaning that you'll never be able to get them back to their original md5'd state.
Chris Boulton Wrote:You probably won't be able to keep your passwords when you convert to Invision Board because of how our seed/hashing system works.

Passwords are md5'd twice, like: md5(md5($password).$seed); meaning that you'll never be able to get them back to their original md5'd state.

Resetting passwords is the least of my worries! I just need to know how to get everything (posts, threads, members, etc.) over there!
If you have all your database tables intact, then you should go to the Invision site where they may have a translator from MyBB to IPB. If they do not have one, then it is unlikely you will find one here as people in this community create ones that convert from other BBS to MyBB.
maybe going to your ftp (If you still have acces to it) to settings.php and look where it says $settings['boardoffline'] or something like that. it should say "yes" besides it. change it to no. then register a new account, and in phpmyadmin turn it as admin.

maybe that should work.
Nope, didn't seem to work...

Posting about the converter at the IPB forums right now as well.