MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Admin banned by Akismet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this has been fixed or not, but I had it happen to me too - not sure how to reproduce. But maybe we should make a check in Akismet to see if the user is an admin, and if they are - don't ban them.

Kind Regards,
TomL
Is that not why there's a setting for usergroups to ignore?? By default it's set to ignore admins, mods, and supermods, if people remove that restriction, or change it to the name of the group even though it clearly says not to do that, surely it was their own choice.
Are you a super admin?
(2009-02-15, 03:10 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Are you a super admin?
I'm not posting this for me. It happened to someone else, I can post the thread here if you want it?
(2009-02-15, 03:15 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
I'm not posting this for me. It happened to someone else, I can post the thread here if you want it?

Can you reproduce and tell me if it happens to a super admin? Or ask him?
(2009-02-15, 03:25 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-15, 03:15 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you reproduce and tell me if it happens to a super admin? Or ask him?
He was the only admin, which I think would make him the super admin - and he had the first account; so he was super admin. And it still banned him. Maybe, by default, we should just add in the "fields" of usergroups to ignore - 4(administrators)?
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group