MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem while trying to access categories from homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all!

I often have a problem these days. When I try to open some categories and subcategories from homepage, the category can not be opened and a white screen appears only. Thus no process can be done in the forum.

But when we click the last thread of a category at homepage, it can be displayed successfully.

When I display the forum in an archive mode, I can see the threads successfully.

When I click here, I get the problem I mentioned above.
[Image: 20090214175056ho1.jpg]

And when I click here, I can see the content of the thread.
[Image: 20090214181656tu6.jpg]

What can I do to solve that problem, what are your advices?
URL would be useful.
The url to my site:
http://ahlatforum.com
Just takes ages to load and then times out.

Do you have any form of SEO plugin??

Edit: Finally loaded, and everything shows up fine for me.

2nd edit: Look at the bottom of the forum:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

Looks like it's timing out because you have so much stuff on the page that it times out. You may have to increase the limit.
Totally fails for me...

If, and when, your site returns - and you're still experiencing problems - check the language files of your forum and ensure there is no whitespace in them. Sometimes it stops things like this loading...
(2009-02-14, 05:24 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Just takes ages to load and then times out.

Do you have any form of SEO plugin??

Edit: Finally loaded, and everything shows up fine for me.

2nd edit: Look at the bottom of the forum:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

Looks like it's timing out because you have so much stuff on the page that it times out. You may have to increase the limit.

I dont use Seo, I use Windows Host

(2009-02-14, 05:34 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Totally fails for me...

If, and when, your site returns - and you're still experiencing problems - check the language files of your forum and ensure there is no whitespace in them. Sometimes it stops things like this loading...

What do you mean by "Whitespace", the prohibited words or anything else?
Why does being on a windows host stop you using SEO?? Confused

White space is just white space, blank lines.
(2009-02-14, 06:16 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Why does being on a windows host stop you using SEO??

Mod_rewrite is an Apache module - I'm guessing he's running IIS instead, so HTACCESS won't work.

White space can cause some problems, and it's been pointed out before that this is sometimes the problem with the "lastpost" issue (clicking on lastpost brings up a whitescreen). Whitespace can be generated by FTP programs...

$l['variable1'] = "Foo Bar";
$l['variable2'] = "Hello World";

?>

^^ Example of whitespace Toungue
(2009-02-14, 08:23 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-14, 06:16 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Why does being on a windows host stop you using SEO??

Mod_rewrite is an Apache module - I'm guessing he's running IIS instead, so HTACCESS won't work.

Ahh OK, gotcha.
The problem i mentioned above still continues. when i use two servers and back up, it works properly. however; when i click a category on the main page, both the forum and the server do not work. Is it because i use Hotsunum Windows? I need your help about this urgently...
Pages: 1 2