MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded from 1.2.14 to 1.4.4, but Actual Posts Now Missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded from 1.2.14 to 1.4.4 and followed the upgrade instructions along with the wizard. It said everything was installed/updated successfully. I had an issue accessing the links in my Admin CP, but that was fixed when my host white-listed mod_security.

Here's my problem:

When I go to the main forum page, I get a 404 Not Found error page when I click on my thread names (I can't see the posts within each thread). When I tried to see my threads in the Admin CP, there were none listed there either. I looked at my database and I see the tables on my server. Here is a quick screen shot of my forum's home page (after login):

[Image: forum_screen.gif]

I've tried looking for my missing posts with the forum both on and off, but that's not the root of my problem. It's off now b/c I don't want my members to freak out when they see that their posts are missing.

I would post the url, but it's a private forum. We even have indexing turned off. If you need the url to troubleshoot, please send me a pm.

I'm not sure what's wrong. Your guidance is greatly appreciated. Huh
Do you have the MyBB Search Engine Friendly URLs turned on??
I am so sorry...but I don't know where to check/do that. Can you post a link to the Wiki or thread that explains that in detail?

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm really distraught that my forum's down...*sigh*
ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Enable search engine friendly URLs? > make sure this is set to Disabled.
You are a life saver! Thank you - that fixed my problem.

Happy Valentine's Day...sending good karma your way.Heart
Woo Big Grin

If you do want that feature enabled, and if your host supports mod_rewrite, rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and enable it again.