MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMTP problem: MyBB will not generate email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't get MyBB to send registration verification email (or any emails from MyBB). System Mail Log says: "Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />115: Operation now in progress"

Same SMTP settings can send email from Outlook Express or MacOS Mail. Any help?

Thanks!

--Greg

EDIT****Resolved, kinda...got PHP mail working but SMTP still does not work, but don't need it now.
Can you try another SMTP server or PHP mail?
Hi,
im having the same problem, It is only occuring with the sytem mail though such as password request, activation emails and mass maill SadHuh
And have you done what Dennis suggested??
(2009-03-08, 04:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]And have you done what Dennis suggested??

Yeah, sorry I forgot to reply here. I was able to get PHP Mail to work, but not SMTP. Don't know why SMTP wouldn't work. If I enter the SMTP settings in any stand-alone email application it works fine...just won't work through MyBB. It's probably something on my providers end. I did open a support ticket with my provider, but the troubleshooting process was exceeding my ability to follow it.

Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks!
My post was aimed at mr-sean who posted before me but glad you got your issue solved.
(2009-03-08, 04:07 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]And have you done what Dennis suggested??

Yeah, sorry I forgot to reply here. I was able to get PHP Mail to work, but not SMTP. Don't know why SMTP wouldn't work. If I enter the SMTP settings in any stand-alone email application it works fine...just won't work through MyBB. It's probably something on my providers end. I did open a support ticket with my provider, but the troubleshooting process was exceeding my ability to follow it.

Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks!
So its my problem too!
I have contacted the host and they said server requires authentication is your problem and Mybb cannot do that!
I really need your help please pm me!!
take a look at this it might help for gmail smtp

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-64464.html
I configured MyBB with Google Apps today(created free co.cc domain)....
Works fine..... Smile
Faster delivery than php mail........... Big Grin
Cannot anyone help me?
Pages: 1 2