MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WoW Item Links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
WOW, cool plugin.

Can you do this plugin for runescape? It's a good idea.
I love it! I saw the same thing but in a site!
The co-admin made that but maybe we will have a forum so this is Already done! Thx Big Grin
Edit: Error if i write [item]Helm of Domination[/item]
on line 251
Wowhead changed their urls and broke this addon, a fix has been uploaded.
Updated to be compatible with 1.6.
(2009-02-14, 11:25 PM)Bakdu Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all.

I've developed a plugin that lets me use Wowhead's poweredby scripts without having to manually look up the item # on their site and then format the link to look right in my posts. It's much cleaner and lightweight than the Itemstats system we used to run with since it just leverages Wowhead and only has to format the links.

You're not alone, I'd like to use it. Unfortunately I followed your instructions and it is doing a whole lot of nothing. I'm not sure where it's failing, so I disabled SELinux (to see if that would help, not because I don't want it enabled) with no effect.

MyBB Version 1.6.6
I tested curl and it is functioning properly.

Everything is installed with no effect. I have the plugin, it is "installed" and "active."

Edit: I've looked into it more and the database is populating with the items I attempt to link, so the request is going to wowhead, coming back with good data and then for some unknown reason not adding the link to the forum posts.
Hey luke80,

There was a change to the plugin system in a 1.6 patch that broke the mycode filter, I'll upload a fix in the near future.

(2012-02-10, 06:56 PM)Bakdu Wrote: [ -> ]Hey luke80,

There was a change to the plugin system in a 1.6 patch that broke the mycode filter, I'll upload a fix in the near future.

I'm very glad to hear that. I am an experienced coder and was thinking about writing my own based on your code - but if you're fixing it then I can wait.

If you would like help please let me know.
I found your problem!

There were 2 basic problems. One was your regex. It was ok, but I updated it a little. The other was that your wowitem_item() hook didn't output anything to the handler. All it took there was a return value.

I messed around with your looping etc. It's not more efficient or anything... I was just changing things to see if it fixed the problem. Some changes were not needed.

I'm attaching the updated file.
[attachment=25481]
1.0.3 has been uploaded with the fix and is awaiting validation, should be working again.

Sorry for the delay, I've retired from WoW and haven't been keeping up to date on my forums/plugins for it. Smile
Pages: 1 2