MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WoW Item Links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all.

I've developed a plugin that lets me use Wowhead's poweredby scripts without having to manually look up the item # on their site and then format the link to look right in my posts. It's much cleaner and lightweight than the Itemstats system we used to run with since it just leverages Wowhead and only has to format the links.

Just need to upload and activate and your users can start having [item]some item here[/item] show up styled like it would in World of Warcraft with tooltips to show the detailed stats.

Preview Wrote:[Image: preview1.png]

I hope people enjoy and give feedback, I can't imagine I'm the only MyBB user wanting this for their forums. Smile

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/wow-item-links

http://www.ravenguard.ca/wowitem/
I love this plugin!

Since I'm not a gulid site manager, I don't need this plugin.
But it's a good thing after all.
I don't play WoW, but this is really cool. I wonder if this could be modified for non-WoW item things?
Thankyou
(2009-02-16, 07:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I don't play WoW, but this is really cool. I wonder if this could be modified for non-WoW item things?

I'm not positive what you mean, but if you're thinking along the lines of wanting to make fancy tooltips like that then this plugin won't help you much. Smile The tooltips are pulled from Wowhead and the plugin doesn't provide that part, it just makes it much easier for the users of your forum to post items and have it colored/linked.

(2009-02-20, 03:02 PM)Adam Khan Wrote: [ -> ]Thankyou

You're welcome. Smile
again, VERY sorry for bringing back dead topics. I just have one question about this plugin (i was gonna get it), is this setup so that members can do a sort of "mycode" and set the link to their item and have it do this? or do i myself have to play WoW? I don't play wow, but i know some of my users do.
forgive me for asking, but what is "WoW" exactly? that screenshot looks pretty amazing.
(2009-07-05, 07:41 AM)Raekwon Wrote: [ -> ]forgive me for asking, but what is "WoW" exactly? that screenshot looks pretty amazing.

World of Warcraft.
pretty interesting. i might use this plugin and change things around to use it for a gaming site. props
woah, link interesting.
i want to try it.
Pages: 1 2