MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Staff" reference on e-mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am really liking mybb after getting over initial newbie issues.

Maybe I am picky but.

Not sure why (can't find setting but may be blind), When someone e-mails from the forum another member and they reply:

1) Why am I getting an e-mail of the reply - thought I recall some setting but can not find now after lots of looking for.

2) The footnote in the outgoing note (which I see since replier left as quote),
it has in the footer "xxxList Staff"

I don't have any "staff" it must be a hidden secret person in the forum code. At first I thought the sender was claiming to be my staff and I almost went wild. Is there any way to change it to something like, "Sent from the xxx forum" instead of "staff" Maybe only me was confused by this... I guess should appreciate having a non paid or known "staff" Smile
I think it sends it as Forum name staff.
You can remove the word "staff" from being sent out in emails by looking through ./inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php and removing the word staff wherever you wish.

Just don't use Notepad. Notepad++, Notepad2, etc. is fine.
I find where make Forum name / link etc. is

But nothing where the staff thing is an option.

Perhaps its just built into the code and can't change?
Thanks will do thought it must be somewhere but knowing where to start helps a lot!

(2009-02-15, 12:57 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]You can remove the word "staff" from being sent out in emails by looking through ./inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php and removing the word staff wherever you wish.

Just don't use Notepad. Notepad++, Notepad2, etc. is fine.
I don't quite understand your post..

You do know that the file I told you to edit is the physical files you uploaded to your FTP server, right? You can change the files from the Admin CP, but for what you want to do it would be easier to do it with Notepad++ or Notepad2, or something similar.
Sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain....

Thanks,

Yes it worked I used a program textpad. Lots of "Staff" in the file which I did a replace all to "Forum Administrator" - which is me not my staff Smile

(2009-02-15, 02:48 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]You do know that the file I told you to edit is the physical files you uploaded to your FTP server, right? You can change the files from the Admin CP, but for what you want to do it would be easier to do it with Notepad++ or Notepad2, or something similar.