MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forums hidden, in Search are shown!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you hide a forum and give permission to view it only to a specific group users this forum is shown in the search option list also if you aren't a user of that specific group! Sad Don't worry, the search is right but you can see what is hide!

I hope this will be fixed.

Two little problems.

When you set the option to not count the post in a forum I think it should recount all the post of the users that post in that forum. So if a user have 10 posts and 3 are in the forum that you have selected to modify for not count user posts, the user posts count should be 7.
Then if you have a forum with this option selected and you want to disable it the count should be updated to all user that have posted in that forum!
I don't know if this is too difficult but it's usefull!

Another one:
If you have selected not to count the post in the forum, the post in that forum shouldn't be counted in the forums total post in the index page. (this should be to applicate also in the threads!)

Regards.
Quote:When you hide a forum and give permission to view it only to a specific group users this forum is shown in the search option list also if you aren't a user of that specific group! Sad Don't worry, the search is right but you can see what is hide!
Try the attached search.php

Quote:When you set the option to not count the post in a forum I think it should recount all the post of the users that post in that forum. So if a user have 10 posts and 3 are in the forum that you have selected to modify for not count user posts, the user posts count should be 7.
Then if you have a forum with this option selected and you want to disable it the count should be updated to all user that have posted in that forum!
I don't know if this is too difficult but it's usefull!
It would be quite easy - however can you imagine how intensive and long it would take to recount the number of posts for 1,000 members?

Quote:If you have selected not to count the post in the forum, the post in that forum shouldn't be counted in the forums total post in the index page. (this should be to applicate also in the threads!)
The count only applies for users, not the actual forums.
Quote: Try the attached search.php
OK it works!!
Thanks. Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:can you imagine how intensive and long it would take to recount the number of posts for 1,000 members?
Yes i can, but probably this could be an option selectable by user. If the admin want to apply the recount it can be done, otherwise no.