MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to delete catche folder from ftp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I deleted all mybb files from server with ftp but cache folder is not getting delete , so please anyone help me to delete this so i can reinstall my forum.
(2009-02-15, 08:10 AM)vaibhavmeswani Wrote: [ -> ]I deleted all mybb files from server with ftp but cache folder is not getting delete , so please anyone help me to delete this so i can reinstall my forum.
Why do you need to delete the cache folder so you can reinstall your forums?
i installed 2 times in a day , first time i was seeing that all option are coming 2 times in configuration setting and second time i was not able to login in my own forumm so i deleted all mybb files but this cathe folder is not getting out so i thought that this is a problem and i should delete this folder and then reinstall.
(2009-02-15, 08:15 AM)vaibhavmeswani Wrote: [ -> ]i installed 2 times in a day , first time i was seeing that all option are coming 2 times in configuration setting and second time i was not able to login in my own forumm so i deleted all mybb files but this cathe folder is not getting out so i thought that this is a problem and i should delete this folder and then reinstall.
The cache folder will not make you have problems logging in, or with the double options. The reason for the double options is because you probably never deleted all the tables from your first installation. I'm guessing if you install it again, the options will show up three times.

Kind Regards,
TomL
You _should_ be able to delete the cache folder without issues. MyBB can't actually stop you from doing this. Try deleting it from your cPanel or other control panel's file manager.
If it still doesn't work, please contact your host on the issue.
ok i just posted the question in 000webhost forum , lets c what happen now...
Yeah it's a host issue, happens to me. You can overwrite it fine, just not delete it. You either get a 550 permission error, or it just comes back again after you delete it.