MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My admins don't have permission to access AdminCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I have three admins:
1) "super admin" - the admin that the system was created with. Only used for AdminCP functions and (very) special tests.
2) ME - a secondary admin. Used for everything in the forum except the AdminCP (but can be), for security and in case something goes wrong with admin no. 1
3) testadmin - I created it for someone that needed access to the AdminCP to help me with a template.
- All admins are part of the Administrators group (and only this group). No. 1's and no. 2's permissions where saved so there picture (in "Admin Permissions") is for a user and not as part of the group. No. 3 is, also, a group member and his picture (again, in "Admin Permissions") shows that.
- Both admin no.1 and no 2. are set in the inc/config.php file as "super admins".

I just found that no.2 and no 3, both, get a yellow message "Access Denied, You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.". I checked both and in both cases they have "Yes" to all permissions (not, even one(1) "No").

I do have, about, 50 plugins, but non of them deals with admins and AdminCP permissions.

Can someone direct me what to do?

Ori...
Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance

Is there any Chmod errors?
(2009-02-15, 09:41 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance

Is there any Chmod errors?

No. There are no problems there.
You just have to set them ACP permissions, I believe it's found at ACP > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions.
MattR,
I said in the original post - all the permissions are the same for all admins, especially fo the first "super admin" (no. 1) and my user (no. 2). User no. 3 was created yesterday by me using the "Create New User" in the AdminCP -> "Users & Groups" and was immediately put inside the Administrators group.

Ori...
Well, if you're seeing a yellow bar, with that message, it's caused ACP permissions, as that's how an admin permissions error is shown. Check these screenshots

[attachment=12785]

[attachment=12786]

Are you saying that everything here is ticked but you still see the message??
(2009-02-15, 12:45 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying that everything here is ticked but you still see the message??

I attached two(2) pics I took on my own user (admin no. 2) - first one has the top of the AdminCP page and the second shows the full permissions.
[attachment=12791][attachment=12792]

btw, I don't know what is the last permision is (the one that does not have a description/name). I disabled every plugin I can think of and it would not disappear.

p/s: If anyone (who knows my admin username/password) wants to enter my forum's AdminCP - let me know as I have Nickman's "Admin+" plugin which blocks all IPs except my.
Guys,
Please some help here...
If they're a super admin they should bypass those permissions anyway, and if they're set correctly but you're still seeing the error, something else must be interfering.
That's exactly my problem - this should not be happening. Can you think of what should I check for next?
I did made some changes to some of the php files of the forum (like showteam.php and online.php ...), mostly, so that my admin no. 1 will not appear on any list ("Who's online", forums, "Show Team" ...). But non of the files are from the AdminCP.

I'm willing to PM both admins (no. 1 and no. 3 - both are in full English username/password) if you want (my AdminCP is in English).
Pages: 1 2