MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i need paypal integration for mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i need paypal integration for mybb because i want to make membership with money.

is there anyone who can help me
isnt it possible?
manually fairly easy....
just put a paypal-button in one of the templates...where you want it to show up...then create a custom-field in the usertable to keep track on who has paid....the downside is that you have to manually keep track on who has paid and who not....then just juggle people in and out between the paid and not-paid groups with different capabilities etc.

now if you would want to automate this, might be difficult....unless you're able to somehow automate the process of receiving paypal payment-notifications into a table or another database and for example cron queries that will look at the payment-database and launch any and all necessary changes in the usertable...

cheers,
Kimmo
I'm also interested in this (not that I will actually do it), but I might end up having to make a forum with paid membership for one of my clients, and when that time comes, i'd like to have a way to do it.
Ender at Eros Wrote:I'm also interested in this (not that I will actually do it), but I might end up having to make a forum with paid membership for one of my clients, and when that time comes, i'd like to have a way to do it.
An easy way to do something like this would be to close New User Registrations and replace it with a Paypal subscription button. Once the user pays, you can manually create his username via the AdminCP.
im sure this will be added once MyBB goes gold Wink
kodaks is right. once a user cancels his or her subscription. just disable his account

add a hidden custom field in his or her profile for paypal email.

kodaks Wrote:An easy way to do something like this would be to close New User Registrations and replace it with a Paypal subscription button. Once the user pays, you can manually create his username via the AdminCP.
An automated function like vB has would be awesome. As admins, the last thing we need is another task to do. I don't think the function should be built in, but a modification would be nice. Having it automated would be nice being that we can't be online 24/7 watching to see if we get a paid subscription.
cool, looking forward to the mod's in gold!

kodaks Wrote:An easy way to do something like this would be to close New User Registrations and replace it with a Paypal subscription button. Once the user pays, you can manually create his username via the AdminCP.

Good idea, if the mod doesn't come out in gold, then I'll go with this

thanks
Ender at Eros Wrote:cool, looking forward to the mod's in gold!
According to k776 there's no need for people to wait until 1.0 goes "final" to make mods for it. But still the lack of activity on the modding front is pretty sad, but then again... there aren't that many people here who can and/or are willing to make serious modifications. The people that can do a fine job. I'm just frustrated that myBB can't pull some more talent aboard.

And if we learned anything from RC4... don't hold your breath waiting for the next release.

Pages: 1 2