MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Classic Postbit on theme...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm starting to develop another theme, and I want the postbit to be the classic style. I know there's a tutorial to Force it on your forum using an SQL query, and also you can do it by editing the 'inc/datahandlers/user.php' file, but is there any other way, such as auto having it in the theme to classic postbit?

Thanks in advance,

Jlong1
If you don't like the forcing method, you can put the code from postbit_classic into postbit so they both show the same code.
(2009-02-15, 12:12 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't like the forcing method, you can put the code from postbit_classic into postbit so they both show the same code.

Okay thanks. It's not that I don't like the forcing method, if I distribute/release the theme it wouldn't work properly... Anyway, thanks.
Ahh I see... in that case then, yeah it probably is best to make both postbit templates the same. Also if you do want to do it that way, I believe you'll also need to look at the showthread and showthread_classic_header templates to get the headers of the thread ('Author' and 'Message' on classic postbit) the same too.
(2009-02-15, 12:33 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh I see... in that case then, yeah it probably is best to make both postbit templates the same. Also if you do want to do it that way, I believe you'll also need to look at the showthread and showthread_classic_header templates to get the headers of the thread ('Author' and 'Message' on classic postbit) the same too.

By that do you mean changing it so that the thread starter isn't below the thread but where the rating column is instead?