MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error on load with IE7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I downloaded and installed MyBB 1.4.4 (1404).. Having used phpBB for years, I got used to the drill, got everything wired up, started adding my forums, found a nice theme, the works. Quite happy.

Here's the problem. I use FIREFOX as my primary browser. Some/most of my users are on IE. I sent out the new link this morning and have gotten reports back of some popup error when they go to the site. WTF!? So I pop open IE7 (on Vista Ultimate, 4gb RAM), and you either get a "out of memory" error or a "stack overflow" ... HARSH! No errors in FF, unusable in IE. Not good.

Have a look with IE: http://bbs.sinistersunspot.us

I tried turning off all plugins, the associated AJAX-related server/optimization settings in AdminCP, use the default theme, all to no avail.

I'm sure this is some idiot-stupid issue, but I'm a myBB n00batard. Please help! (I don't wanna go back to phpBB if I don't hafta)
Ooh, that's a new one. I guess we'll have to go though some files and see what line 1050 says (I get a stack overflow error at line 1050).

Also moved to general support.

Edit: Can you disable MyDock and the shoutbox and see if that helps??
(2009-02-15, 06:27 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, that's a new one. I guess we'll have to go though some files and see what line 1050 says (I get a stack overflow error at line 1050).

Also moved to general support.

Edit: Can you disable MyDock and the shoutbox and see if that helps??
As of my post, here's the plugins I have installed and their status as reported by AdminCP (Attached image).

You think MyDock could be the offender?
They're all already deactivated?? Because in the source code of the index there's code for mydock, and a shoutbox, which isn't even listed there... Confused
(2009-02-15, 06:50 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]They're all already deactivated?? Because in the source code of the index there's code for mydock, and a shoutbox, which isn't even listed there... Confused

Well chief, I'm not married to MyDock... I was fartin' around trying out a few plugins (as you see) that I thought would be cool/of use. I got no problem ditchin' it if I gotta. Whats the down 'n dirty method if you know, or do I gotta chase that guy down?
My point was that they're deactivated in the plugin list, but the code for them is still in the source of the page, and there's code for a shoutbox that isn't even in your plugin list.
(2009-02-15, 07:00 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]My point was that they're deactivated in the plugin list, but the code for them is still in the source of the page, and there's code for a shoutbox that isn't even in your plugin list.
Hmmm, well, its early enough in the game, I could nuke the install and start fresh (any way I can quickly script off my users so those that did reg don't have to do it again?).. Since it kind of sounds like I might have gunked up the works with one of these plugins.
(2009-02-15, 07:04 PM)SinisterSunspot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-15, 07:00 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]My point was that they're deactivated in the plugin list, but the code for them is still in the source of the page, and there's code for a shoutbox that isn't even in your plugin list.
Hmmm, well, its early enough in the game, I could nuke the install and start fresh (any way I can quickly script off my users so those that did reg don't have to do it again?).. Since it kind of sounds like I might have gunked up the works with one of these plugins.
Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > Database Backups

If you want, create a new one - but then you'll have to find where it inserts the users.
i think I know the error
its in Birthday Mod

I got that error also
diable it and see if that works
just trying to help out
(2009-02-15, 08:05 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]i think I know the error
its in Birthday Mod

I got that error also
diable it and see if that works
just trying to help out
Heh. The hazards of INTF's!! Yeah, well, I nuked my install and am waiting on the theme to finish uploading.. 'Out of the box' there aren't any IE errors, obviously.
Pages: 1 2