MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Drivers" missing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when I formatted my laptop to try to install Windows XP Pro, I lost like 1/2 of the drivers for "programs" - such as my built-in webcam. Anyone know of a FREE program I can use to search for them? I don't know what the software is since it's built-in, and it doesn't show up as a missing driver/program.
Your laptop should come with a drivers disk, try installing them from there.
(2009-02-15, 10:13 PM)Rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop should come with a drivers disk, try installing them from there.
The only disk that came with it was the Windows Upgrade Anytime disk, which just re-installed Vista, and some - but not all - of the drivers.
Refer to your manual, find the name of the webcam if specified there, and do a Google search for drivers for that camera.
(2009-02-15, 10:17 PM)Rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Refer to your manual, find the name of the webcam if specified there, and do a Google search for drivers for that camera.
The manual I got is very vivid, basically just run-time specs(hard drive space, etc.) and doesn't say what the webcam is.Confused
Your could call them up, give them your model number, and they'll give you a link to the drivers. Alternatively, you could head over to their website, select your laptop model, and download drivers if they have them available.
Best Regards.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...ct=1842155 - I'm hoping this will work, but if not.. I don't know what to do..Confused
Just Go To Your Laptop Brand Website And Find Driver Downloads. I Wipe My Computer All the Time And Have To Reinstall Drivers.
(2009-02-16, 06:22 AM)joshuam08 Wrote: [ -> ]Just Go To Your Laptop Brand Website And Find Driver Downloads. I Wipe My Computer All the Time And Have To Reinstall Drivers.

There is no better answer. If you post you model of laptop (and Brand) i can even do it for you.

Tm0
I think I found it. Just had to find the HP websiteToungue I'll just need to wait until my next scheduled restart to find out.