MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest posting in all categories and child forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried and tried to allow guests to post in all 20 categories (each with 3 or 4 child forums) and they can post, but cant view their post, they must sign up. Is there a simple way to allow guest to post in all 20 categories and child forums at once, with just a few clicks instead of going into each forum to change? I have tried and thought I did it, but after testing, still wont allow a guest to view a forum or thread.
So you want to allow a guest to make a post in all of your categories at once?...

Kind Regards,
TomL
Hello Tom,

I want to allow guest to post and read all posts in all forums, (not at once of course) for now, until I get members built up in this new forum I have. Just didn't know how to accomplish this in the ACP. Thank you my friend.
Edit the guest permissions from forum management to allow them to post and read, etc.
Admin CP > Forums & Posts > FORUM > Permissions tab

And just edit it so guest can post and view threads.
Do I need to set permissions on each and every forum? Or can I set permissions to include ALL forums at once?
I think you'll need to set it on all forums, but I could be wrong.
lovely.....20 categories with 3 or 4 child forums each. I better get started, I'll be awhile. Thanks Tom.
No problem, glad I could helpSmile