MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Newest post arrow leads beginning of thread [R]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, happens for me too (in this forum). The threads past the threadreadcut are marked as read, the ones before the threadreadcut are marked unread with green arrow, and the green arrow leads to the first post. Going to the first post is actually correct for me, I have the green arrow here for forums that I never ever read (MyBB 1.2, Spanish, etc), so the first unread post is the first post. However it shouldn't display the arrow at all if I never read a thread (although it's possible that I used the 'mark all forums read' at one point).

Made a screenshot of the spanish forum:

[attachment=12820]

Note how there are threads from today with 0 replies - yet they have a green arrow.
(2009-02-18, 02:49 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]iirc as a guest there is a threadread and a forumread cookie
Ok, why not for members?
(2009-02-18, 11:05 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, happens for me too (in this forum). The threads past the threadreadcut are marked as read, the ones before the threadreadcut are marked unread with green arrow, and the green arrow leads to the first post. Going to the first post is actually correct for me, I have the green arrow here for forums that I never ever read (MyBB 1.2, Spanish, etc), so the first unread post is the first post. However it shouldn't display the arrow at all if I never read a thread (although it's possible that I used the 'mark all forums read' at one point).

Made a screenshot of the spanish forum:

Note how there are threads from today with 0 replies - yet they have a green arrow.

They don't need replies to be new.

(2009-02-18, 01:26 PM)D-r-a-g-o-n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-18, 02:49 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]iirc as a guest there is a threadread and a forumread cookie
Ok, why not for members?

Because those are stored on a better, internal threadsread and forumsread table.
(2009-02-18, 08:33 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]They don't need replies to be new.

I never doubted that. Smile

So, the green arrow is something that is to be there for every unread thread, and not just for threads you read before but make it easy to continue reading starting from the first post you haven't seen yet?

Seems to be a misunderstanding on my part then, so never mind.
(2009-02-18, 08:33 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Because those are stored on a better, internal threadsread and forumsread table.
...for 7 days Wink That's very short.
(2009-02-19, 08:26 AM)D-r-a-g-o-n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-18, 08:33 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Because those are stored on a better, internal threadsread and forumsread table.
Well, this is the reason we have a setting to change that. Smile

Not when you have hundreds of thousands of threads and tens of thousands of members.
(2009-02-19, 07:17 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

Not when you have hundreds of thousands of threads and tens of thousands of members.

... and if we don't? Where can I change this?
Admin CP > Configuration > Show Thread Settings

I think..
(2009-02-20, 01:51 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP > Configuration > Show Thread Settings

I think..

That did it.

This can definitely be marked as bogus, then.
Pages: 1 2 3