MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] Friendly Redirect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a search is preformed and no results are brought back, it skips the friendly redirect and takes you directly to the no results found message. However, if a search brings back results, it directs you to the friendly redirect and then to the search results.

To Reproduce:

Preform a search for something that doesn't bring back results. Then, you'll notice that it takes you directly to the no search results found message instead of to the friendly redirect first.
Best Regards.
I think it's supposed to do that. I think it is because why show the friendly redirect for no results and then redirect to another message? 'Could just be me..

Kind Regards,
TomL
(2009-02-16, 01:34 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's supposed to do that. I think it is because why show the friendly redirect for no results and then redirect to another message? 'Could just be me..

Kind Regards,
TomL

The point of the friendly redirect is to redirect you to the message first, then the results. I find it missing for this since the setting for friendly redirects is for everything, or at least it seems.
Hm. I might be wrong, but it seems right to me. But if not, this is reproducible.
It's not a big deal, it's something I noticed. Whether it's "fixed" or not, I don't mind.
You don't need a friendly redirect message to a non-friendly error message. This is intended functionality. You can put it in the suggestions forum if you'd like.
(2009-02-16, 04:20 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need a friendly redirect message to a non-friendly error message. This is intended functionality. You can put it in the suggestions forum if you'd like.
I thought so. Seemed like pretty good logic vs. theorySmile
(2009-02-16, 04:21 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-16, 04:20 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need a friendly redirect message to a non-friendly error message. This is intended functionality. You can put it in the suggestions forum if you'd like.
I thought so. Seemed like pretty good logic vs. theorySmile

It just made sense to me to place the redirect for it since the redirects are enabled. I thought I'd report it anyway. Smile