MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just installed and can't see index page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just tinkered with something and I think I fixed it - should the index.php be CHMODDED to 777 or 666 or should it be something else?
I'm not sure. I think it should be 777, but I could be wrong.
I had it as that and then changed it to 644 like a lot of the other files and now I can see the page... so, I guess that's something to keep an eye on! Thanks anyways!
No it doesn't need any special CHMOD permissions, it doesn't need to be written to, just read, 644 is fine and what it should be by default.

Have you though that the server may just be having issues or be misconfigured in some way?? I'm not sure why people think this sort of error is always caused by MyBB. Re-read this bit:

(2009-02-16, 03:43 AM)bpatton Wrote: [ -> ]The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

You say that you solved the mod_security problem, so it isn't that, and there isn't anything in MyBB itself that is causing this. If that file wasn't CHMOD to 644 by default you'll have to ask your host why that is.
Pages: 1 2