MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RE: MYSQL ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a MYSQL ERROR preventing me from viewing my forum. Is anyone else experiencing this?

See screenshot for details.

How do I correct this?

Thanks.
Check to make sure the MySQL details you entered are correct.
(2009-02-16, 07:41 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Check to make sure the MySQL details you entered are correct.

I changed the Mysql password today, does this have anything to do with it?

Otherwise, I did not make any changes. Please advise.

Thanks.
(2009-02-16, 07:59 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-16, 07:41 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Check to make sure the MySQL details you entered are correct.

I changed the Mysql password today, does this have anything to do with it?
Probably.
If you need to update the details MyBB uses to connect to the MySQL server, edit the file, inc/config.php
Yes, Edit your inc/config.php file and enter your new password.
Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team

It's all explained on the Wiki.
(2009-02-16, 12:53 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team

It's all explained on the Wiki.

Thanks Matt for the link! I learned what the others suggested here was correct. So I went to Inc >Config.php and updated the password but nothing happened.

I contacted my host and explained that I changed the password and he advised me to update my CGI scripts. Is this different from updating the password on Config.php? Please advise. Thanks
MY HOST FIXED IT - THANKS ALL.
that is a config file.. Just edit it with the database and username from your mysql database