MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error ~ Not in Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive read the wiki on this and its not present.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

Any help?

Many Thanks,

Hapatio
Im guessing that MyBB cannot connect to the database using the socket set.
I guessed that to.... But have no idea what it means and how to fix?
It seems the mySQL service isn't being accessed through the right socket. This is a host issue, so I recommend contacting your host.

If possible, take a full backup of your forum at this point in case of any failure in their service...
Hmm Thanks for that ive been having so Many SQL Errors every 3 days. Thanks anyway.
Yep, I believe this is a host issue.

Hapatio, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could printscreen that whole error so I can add it to the Wiki. I've never seen it as it shows since I made that Wiki page so I've not been able to add the image.
Its due to my host removing MySQL or something? Every site hoster by him and his site all erored etc. Still want sceenie?
I'm not sure exactly what causes it but it is something wrong with the host, as opposed to something being wrong with MyBB.

And yes please Big Grin

Edit: Couldn't get the error from Hapatio as the issue seemed to go but I found a screenshot somewhere else and added it to the Wiki page Smile