MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I have a siteground account, it has only two options SMT & Phb. But I would rather have MYBB. How do I get it up and running? It is automatic in my C-panel to upload SMT or Php, but not MYBB.
Is there another way to upload MYbb with using Fantastico delux?

Thanks in advance

Dennis
As long as you have a MySQL database, it's possible. [Wiki: Installing]
(2009-02-17, 08:57 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you have a MySQL database, it's possible. [Wiki: Installing]
I do have that in the C-panel, I dont know what to put in it.
Well it looks to advance for me, thanks anyway.
You'll have to ask Fantastico if you can upload other things, they're not setup like most other hosts so we can't really say.
Ok, I was told many have MYBB on there site ground server. So, how is it done?
How is what done?
(2009-02-18, 01:23 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]How is what done?
I am wondering how to load the files since I cannot load it through fantastico. On this website it says :to upload files in the "upload folder" not the document folder.
The question I have is do I download everything from every folder?
Just extract the files, the upload them somewhere onto your server.
(2009-02-18, 01:34 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Just extract the files, the upload them somewhere onto your server.
Yes, but what i mean is some look like folders and when I click on them they open to other files. do I down load everything entirely in the "upload" folder, every single thing?
Yes. Upload every single file and folder in the "upload" folder to a directory of your choice (like mybb/ or forums/)
Pages: 1 2