MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board is Down! Anyone Know Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The last thing I did was change htaccess.txt to .htaccess. Did that do it?

Or is there something else going on?

When I click on anything on my board, I get a white page that says:

"Not Found
The requested URL /forum/forum-3.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at askbreindel.com Port 80"

Please help!Huh
Make sure that SEO links are enabled in your Admin CP. Go to Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs? --> Enabled

If that doesn't work re-upload the htaccess.txt and make sure to rename it to .htaccess
You need to wait for the .htaccess file to kick in. I noticed this on my forums; some sites take longer for it to update, some take no time at all.
(2009-02-17, 07:15 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]You need to wait for the .htaccess file to kick in. I noticed this on my forums; some sites take longer for it to update, some take no time at all.

Oh that's why it's down. How long does it take for the board to come back?
Well it's not that the board is "down" so to say, it's just that the server hasn't recognized the .htaccess file yet.
OK. How long does it take for the board to come back?
I did it right, right? It's just plain .htaccess

with no txt or anything?
Yeah, you did it right. It can take from 1 minute, up to probably 5 at the most. Most of the time, if I leave my forums and come back - it works fine.
Also at some point maybe try turning the SEF URLs off, saving, and turning them on again.
It's been like this since late last night.

Matt, turning the SEF URLs off, is that the same as what Zash is suggesting above, in Server and Optimization Options, to "disable" then "enable"
Yeah, set it to disabled and then enabled. If it doesn't work then, even with htaccess.txt renamed to .htaccess, your host probably doesn't support it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4