MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stupid Cookies Settings!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I puted the cookies settings .www.domain.com
I relized that when I accessed to domain.com and login, the page display again and as I didn't login. while when I access with www.domain.com and login every thing ok.
I changed the domain path setting to just Dot "."
but now I can't login properly with both www.domain.com and domain.com. I want to change it again from admin cp but I can't. it become asking for user and pass every time I click on link, and nothing change.
thank's!!
I want the cookies can be access from anywhere from my site. because I have scripts also that need to see it the user login or not
If you can tell us your URL we might be able to actually help you...
check pm
thank's bro
I solved the problem. Thank's
but, I still have the unsolved problems which are:
1) www.domain.com is diff from domain.com! if I login with domain.com, I should login again if I chnaged url to www.domain.com!
2) if I have a seperate script(not plugin) that uses the cookie of the forum to ensure the this visitor is an actual user to offer the service to him. the problem is that I should put the scripts in the folder of the forum, if I puted them out side the folder(the folder which is the parent of the forum folder) they can't access the cookies any more!

thank's bro
If you have it as .domain.com, it should login ok with or without the www. Can't help with number 2 as much as it's an external script, but you may need to use a cookie prefix or something.
1) Yes, I should refresh the page! Solved.
2) I already posted this problem here http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44237.html
but without solution Sad
(2009-01-28, 01:01 PM)Tomm- Wrote: [ -> ]Please post your problem in that thread I provided - making MyBB integrate into your website isn't support.

You can find the help you're looking for in the thread. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's a mix of cookies and the chdir - which is already addressed in the thread.

That pretty much sums it up. Isn't really MyBB support and everything you should need is already available anyway.
i had the same problem, if it dosen't work from the admin panel, edit the settings.php (inc/settings.php) with .domain.com and then delete all you're cookies from you browser/s
if it dosen't works, live it 2 min and try again, it has to work!