MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transfering members passwords/account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have altered my BB a couple of times which resulted in members having to sign up again.
I have now created an updated forum using a new version of BB software but I dont want my members to have to re-sign up yet again, they probably wont.
Is there a way for me to transfer member account from one BB to another ?. or can I (as administrator) recover passwords so that I can recreate the accounts for them.
Any help appreciated.

John
You could probably just import the users table to your new database. But that may not work too well if you already have members on your new database.

I'm not sure why you started a new database when you upgraded.. it shouldn't have been necessary.
You could use the merge system to make sure everything that needs transferring, gets transferred. But yeah, if you wanted to upgrade the forum, you didn't have to start again... you just run the upgrade script.

Edit: Actually, if you have a backup with the old users in, why not just upload that...?? Huh