MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uregnt about PM's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Care to elaborate? We're a generation of telepathic geniuses... Toungue
The option is no longer on any ones profile to send them a PM, Theres only a Email option, could you give me some more coding to fix it?
Because they will have PMs turned off, ergo there's no link. Did you run the query I told you to run before?? That will set everyone to receive PMs....
Yes but i think i messed it up so i need coding to get PM's back.
The coding I gave you didn't remove PMs, it removed the option for people to turn them off. Judging by your explanation people still have them turned off so either run the SQL query that I gave again or just revert the template edits from before, giving back the option to turn them on or off.

Do a test. Go to yoursite.com/private.php?action=send&uid=X

Change the X to the uid of a user who doesn't have the PM link. Does it say they have PMs turned off??
No, i mean i must have deleted something i shouldnt because even my name says i do not accept them Confused
Well, like I said, just revert the templates you've edited. Sounds like you ran a different SQL query to what I gave you. Did you do the test I mentioned??
Yeh hmmm
Right i re-did the query last night and every1 had the option to send them a PM, A few hundred new users registered today, and they dont have the option to send em a pm so i have to reset the query again ?:ConfusedS
Anyone?
Ahh, no I see what it's doing now.

Revert the member_register template. Then change

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="1" {$hideemailcheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="hideemail">{$lang->hide_email}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1" {$receivepmscheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="receivepms">{$lang->receive_pms}</label></span></td>
</tr>

to

<input type="hidden" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1">

Revert the usercp_options template. Then change

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="1" {$hideemailcheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="hideemail">{$lang->allow_emails}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1" {$receivepmscheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="receivepms">{$lang->receive_pms}</label></span></td>
</tr>

to

<input type="hidden" name="hideemail" id="hideemail" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="receivepms" id="receivepms" value="1">

And then the 2 queries again.
Thanks Wink
Pages: 1 2