MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: password validation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a way to remove password validation from "validation.js" ?
why would you wanna do that?
cuz it gives me nothing but problems, email validation is fine but password validation is just pain in the ..... during registration
Removing it from the Javascript file would only cause errors on the register page itself.

What's wrong with it exactly?
well, idk if you can remove it, im not sure. i never opened the validation.js
(2009-02-19, 09:57 PM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]Removing it from the Javascript file would only cause errors on the register page itself.

what happens id when members try to register it gives them the error that passwords do not match , it looks like theme issue but there is too much hustle to redo the whole theme, so I'd rather remove password validation
(2009-02-19, 09:57 PM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]Removing it from the Javascript file would only cause errors on the register page itself.

With some themes and some browsers the AJAX says the passwords don't match when they do.

Zayebis, this is caused because of your custom theme, ergo it should be fixed in the theme, not by editing files. Removing the login form from the header would probably sort it.
Mattalan you da man it was issue with log in box
Said that in the other thread too but glad it's sorted Toungue