MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Add a Newthread Link in Forum Description and in Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi All, Hope that you will enjoy my tutorial, after searching myBB forum, i came to know that no member made this tutorial, so i thought at night to share it with you, if any one posted it before, i say extremely sorry for that and please let me know,

So lets start,

This is a template edit mod that adds a link on the forumhome to post a new thread in the forum.

Go to your admin CP > Template > Your theme template > and expand forumbit_depth2_forum template

find:
$forum[description]

after that add the following:
<br />
&nbsp;-&nbsp;[<a href="newthread.php?fid=$forum[fid]">Make a New Thread</a>]

and you are done,Wink

SCREEN SHOT:
[attachment=12852]

Thats all !Cool Hoped that you liked it , thanks again for your kind wordings

CheersHeart
Screenshot of what the end result is?
EDITED, SEE ABOVE
I'm not sure allowing people to make threads without viewing the forum first is a good idea ...
(2009-02-21, 08:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure allowing people to make threads without viewing the forum first is a good idea ...

Same opinion, but to somebody it can be useful.
Anyway, author tnx for sharing your ideas Cool
(2009-02-21, 08:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure allowing people to make threads without viewing the forum first is a good idea ...
I don't think so, bcz its a good idea of making thread without entering into forumdisplay.php page and then click to make a new thread,

(2009-02-21, 08:35 AM)mihails_univers Wrote: [ -> ]

Same opinion, but to somebody it can be useful.
Anyway, author tnx for sharing your ideas Cool

Yours welcome Smile
Thanks, nice tutorial.
Thankyou Smile
nice idea
thank you
Great Work I like it very much and I m using on my forum...
http://www.gsmpower.mybbnew.com/index.php
Pages: 1 2 3