MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Python
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone know if it's possible to install Python to work with Xampp, or do I need to have a separate install of Apache?

Thanks
That doesn't help, thanks anyways.
If your using Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install python libapache2-mod-python

I know it installs it, but I can't get it to work.
EDIT: You may have to set-up or edit the .ini or .conf files to make it work.

Quote:Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.4 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ruby/1.2.6 Ruby/1.8.6(2007-09-24) mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at localhost Port 80
The old specs of my old home server.
(2009-02-21, 04:07 AM)TM0 Wrote: [ -> ]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=can+i+install+Pytho...with+Xampp

Smile

Hope that helps

Tm0
I probably shouldn't post this but....

*Face palms*
The whole "Just google it" method doesn't always work, I get so damn tired of people thinking it DOES have answers to everything, when it DOESN'T! Toungue

Also, TomL is staff here, im sure a google search is what he did first. :|
(2009-02-21, 03:10 PM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]If your using Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install python libapache2-mod-python

I know it installs it, but I can't get it to work.
EDIT: You may have to set-up or edit the .ini or .conf files to make it work.

Quote:Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.4 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ruby/1.2.6 Ruby/1.8.6(2007-09-24) mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at localhost Port 80
The old specs of my old home server.
(2009-02-21, 04:07 AM)TM0 Wrote: [ -> ]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=can+i+install+Pytho...with+Xampp

Smile

Hope that helps

Tm0
I probably shouldn't post this but....

*Face palms*
The whole "Just google it" method doesn't always work, I get so damn tired of people thinking it DOES have answers to everything, when it DOESN'T! Toungue

Also, TomL is staff here, im sure a google search is what he did first. :|

Yes but i recently did a mini thingy.

we tested so much random things through smart people to google. On average, a google result has things 20-5 minutes faster then the person
Yes, I did search Google first, about 20 times(literally, I have a counter). I can't figure it out. I think once I get my "server" back(desktop computer) from my friend, I'll just do individual installs of Apache, PHP, and MySQL, and then install the Python module; anyone know if that would work, and be easier than installing it "to" XAMPP?
Yes, Tom. It is easier to install individual packages by themself.
XAMPP sucks! So installing certain ones you want gives more freedom, plus better updates.

I hope my post helped you out.
Well considering I'm not on any Linux-based computer(Windows on all of mine), not really. But thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I get Ubuntu.
I went there, downloaded the .tar.gz file for the module, but what do I do now? The extension isn't supported by any programs.
Pages: 1 2 3