MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unability of posting new threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i have tried to send a new thread i have encountered with this message:

"Sorry but the forum you are currently viewing does not contain any child forums."

at sub forum.

and also there was no "new thread" button.

how can i solve this problem.
i tried to use search option in order to solve my problem but i have encountered this error message:

mySQL error: 2013
Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query: UPDATE users SET lastactive='1131045536', timeonline=timeonline+6 WHERE uid='2161'

please help me. my problem is urgent
Not that I know, but it sounds like your trying to post to a category, instead of a forum. Go to Admin CP, Manage forums, and edit the forum your trying to post to, check that the Act as Forum is set to Yes.
alternick Wrote:when i have tried to send a new thread i have encountered with this message:

"Sorry but the forum you are currently viewing does not contain any child forums."

at sub forum.

and also there was no "new thread" button.

how can i solve this problem.
i tried to use search option in order to solve my problem but i have encountered this error message:

mySQL error: 2013
Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query: UPDATE users SET lastactive='1131045536', timeonline=timeonline+6 WHERE uid='2161'

please help me. my problem is urgent

For the first part, as Paul said above, make sure that the forum you're trying to post in is an actual forum (not a category)

The MySQL error is most likely a server-side problem, and not a MyBB problem. I think you should contact your web host about that.