MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply "Loading..." Doesn't go away...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's been kind of a nag lately whereas sometimes when I am posting a quick reply the "Loading - Please wait" screen just doesn't want to go away - it sits there and just continues "loading".. Is there a way to remove this window from showing? (or a possible reason why it may be doing this)

Thanks
Download and upload a new copy of ./inc/functions.php
Ok.. cool. Hopefully it won't show up again..

Now, should it continue to show up, is there a way I can disable it from showing up?
No, you can't disable it from showing up. Sometimes the server just lags a bit and it doesn't go away.
Eh.. can't disable it?... That doesn't sound right. I know there isn't some option in the ACP for it, what I meant was what file would need editing to remove that message from showing up... I can probably figure it out if anything..
Well, no surprise there. Even after replacing the functions.php it still pop up every once in a while..
I'm don't really want to screw things up so can someone point me in the right direction as to what file I'd have to edit in order to remove the feature from showing up..? I don't see a huge need for it if it will consistently be doing this and it'll be a huge pain trying to find out what is causing it. I think I can live without it.

Thanks...
You can probably remove the message but that won't stop the fact that the page isn't reloading.
(2009-02-23, 09:42 AM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]You can probably remove the message but that won't stop the fact that the page isn't reloading.

Not too sure, but wasn't there a bug report for this? If that's the case, then the release of 1.4.5 will probably solve this.

We were discussing this the other day about how to circumvent the server lag (my development team, not MyBB). The best idea we came up with was that if the request was open for longer than 5 / 10 seconds, it would drop the request, remove or reset any information it's already input and then post it as though it was a normal post. We haven't started to put it into practice though, and I don't think anybody has picked it up yet to be developed...

As Matt says, you can remove the message but it wouldn't stop the request. The only physical way to prevent this is to disable the XML-HTTP thing...
I thought it was fixed for 1.4.4, actually. IIRC there was some hoo-haa that it was left out of the package and was added in shortly after, or maybe that was something else.

Edit: Yeah, it was: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid276307

(2008-11-27, 10:34 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]#40229 - Quick Reply Problem With Hanging [R] [C-Michael83]

That's not applied. Seriously...what's up? Seems every release now has a fix within a few hours so that those who do immediately download suffer.

I'm also sure that it was ./inc/functions.php that had the fix, too.

2nd edit: It was that file: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid276426

(2008-11-27, 05:24 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
  • inc/functions.php (just the quick reply fix)
Hmm.. So it has been taken care of then.. Might just be a conflict with my setup. Would it be difficult to remove the feature completely?
You can remove quick reply if that's what you mean, or you could edit it to not add by ajax, but reload the page... I wouldn't know how to do that, though.
Pages: 1 2