MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What's the point for..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the point for the approve and disapprove threads and posting?
People can still see the thread, yes?
I don't know what's the point of it.

Please let me know what it is for.

Thank you,
Axar.
An unapproved post/thread cannot be viewed by non-moderators. The unapproved post/thread system is linked to the moderation system which allows moderators to preview the posts/threads before they are made viewable by the public. While a thread or post is waiting to be moderated, only moderators and administrators will be able to see it (either in the forum view or in the Admin CP).
Ah, I see.
Thank you, all I needed to know.

----

Is there a way to disable that, if you wanted?
Not really there's no way to disable the whole thing.

Personally I don't use it either, but keep it so that if someone posts something that offends the rules I can keep the evidence by unapproving the thread, basically hiding it from the regular people, however keeping it so that the staff can review the thread and punish the user accordingly.
Ah, Yes, sounds good.

I'll do that, not a big problem, just was wondering if it was possible.

Thanks man!
No problem.

I don't find it as much of an inconvenience, I don't know if you do, but I think it would take more time to remove the system than what it's worth just to ignore it Wink and leave it open for any use of it later on as I mentioned above.
Yeah, I would have figured that.
It would be difficult to remove it, as to just ignore it.
But it's alright with me.

Thanks again. Big Grin