MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quote in PMs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's already been suggested for a cap be put on nested quotes, which should involve PMs too. Basically, this means you can make it so only 1 quote is used in replying to the message. You can find the thread somewhere in the Suggestions forum if you want to keep tabs on it... although I think a few of my team were developing something like this - I'll have a check this evening...

The simplest way for the moment is to simply remove the quote tags. Unfortunately, the way it works means it literally just pulls everything out of the database, including the entire conversation (if it was included in the first place).
I would love to see an option in the Admin CP that allows you to pick how many nested quotes are allowed. I don't mind single quotes or 2x quotes, but beyond that it's unnecessary.
There's this: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/imei-no-qu...otes-2.0.1

Not sure whether it works the way people want though... if you search for nested quotes in the Ideas, you'll probably come across the idea.
I tried that and it simply didn't work. :|
that might work for regular posts , but not PM messages
(2009-02-24, 09:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that and it simply didn't work. :|
Didn't work for me, either.
Pages: 1 2 3