MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What's the trick to create HQ transparent gifs in PS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
GIF has a limitation of 255 (or 256?) colours, and only supports one colour transparency. PNG supports up to 48bit colour with a full alpha channel for transparency.
give up gif

png for life
I use PNG for transparent images(duh), and give for images that don't need to be transparent - it's common sense.
(2009-02-24, 03:22 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I use PNG for transparent images(duh), and give for images that don't need to be transparent - it's common sense.

You mean GIF? Not give.. Big Grin
(2009-02-24, 03:24 AM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-24, 03:22 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I use PNG for transparent images(duh), and give for images that don't need to be transparent - it's common sense.

You mean GIF? Not give.. Big Grin
Confused Yeah, sorry.
(2009-02-24, 03:18 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]give up gif

png for life

Only problem is he wasn't animation which requires gif Toungue.
.mng image format?

If only it was better supported. Animation of GIF, quality of PNG...
IMO MNG/APNG have horrible compression. If people want web animated formats, they should really use video compression technologies for them, not just serve a bunch of still frames >_>.
Still, I'd prefer it over GIFs. Having more than 256 colors is nice when you're using a monitor that supports more than 256 colors.
I suppose you could use some JS trickery to display different png images in the same element very quickly to make a pseudo animated png.
Pages: 1 2 3