MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [D] PostgreSQL Registration Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is with a clean install of MyBB 1.4.4.

PHP 5.3.3
PGSQL 8.2.3
WinXP SP3

When a new user tries to complete their registration by pressing the Submit Registration button, the following error is displayed.

MyBB Registration Error Image

I found a similar bug posting in the Fixed Bugs section, but clearly it is not fixed.

The registration is actually successful and recorded in the database, but this error is a showstopper as far as deploying the board.Sad

--
Kevin Powick
(2009-02-23, 05:48 PM)kpowick Wrote: [ -> ]I found a similar bug posting in the Fixed Bugs section, but clearly it is not fixed.

They are fixed for MyBB 1.4.5. There is no release date for MyBB 1.4.5 yet
(2009-02-23, 05:48 PM)kpowick Wrote: [ -> ]I found a similar bug posting in the Fixed Bugs section, but clearly it is not fixed.

Just FYI, fixes in that forum are to be included in the next maintenance release, they're not immediately applied to the download package.

Edit: Yeah I posted earlier but then deleted the post so you would have got the email notification, sorry about that.
(2009-02-23, 05:57 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]They are fixed for MyBB 1.4.5. There is no release date for MyBB 1.4.5 yet

How can I get a snapshot? This is deployment showstopper for us.

--
Kevin Powick
The development versions are not public.
(2009-02-24, 09:31 AM)D-r-a-g-o-n Wrote: [ -> ]The development versions are not public.

Great. Fixed in the next version which has an unknown release date, and snapshots, patches, etc. are not made available to the public.Angry

So, it looks like I'll have to change to a crappy MySQL database and/or different forum software.

--
Kevin Powick
If we update the package for every fix it makes it much harder to keep track of. Occasionally if a problem will affect the vast majority of users the changed file will be available but generally we just wait until the next release. If people have updated files, when we ask them what version they're using and they say 1.4.4, we don't know if that's out-of-the-box 1.4.4 or 1.4.4 with a load of mid-release fixes.
I do not understand why support postgresql has been declared in MyBB 1.4.4
From a box registration in MyBB 1.4.4 is not work Sad
We can't test on every single possible version of PostgreSQL. The versions we tested on worked fine.