MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete bounced emails?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i delete users with bounced emails (fake emails)?

I can't even mass mail without getting a couple thousand bounced emails.
I would suggest having email activation as your registration method, that way, accounts that are not activated for over a month or so are unlikely to ever be activated. That way you can just remove un-activated accounts that are over a month old. Smile
(2009-02-24, 05:28 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest having email activation as your registration method, that way, accounts that are not activated for over a month or so are unlikely to ever be activated. That way you can just remove un-activated accounts that are over a month old. Smile

well its to late for that for those who do have fake accounts,

when i first made the forum i made it insta-activation, i wasn't thinking about mass mailing my users, lol.
Maybe what you need to do then is delete all the accounts that have not been signed into for some time. Or have no posts, etc.

Working around the underlying problem is not going to help too much.
You would need to have access to your servers MTA to do this and then code a shell file intercede when an email returns. It's very complicated actually and hardly worth doing. Each MTA is different too. Best shot is to just manually gather the emails and then starting making a huge query to run.

Example:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Then create query

DELETE from MYBB_USERS where email="[email protected]";
DELETE from MYBB_USERS where email="[email protected]";'

Goodluck.