MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Adsense in Header - Alignment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm having problems aligning my Google Adsense banner to the right, and have found online that I need to use "float". I'm not very proficient with CSS or XHTML, etc., so I'll need some help here. Where have I gone wrong?

[Image: dithy.png]

Also, how do I indent the code? Normally it would be tab, but that doesn't work in a browser... Sorry for the stupid questions. Blush

BTW, will I need to do this for every theme?
try using <span style="float:right">Code</span>

alternatively you can use <div class="float_right">Content</div>

Float_right is already in your global.css as float: right

And yes, you'll need to do it for each theme..

If you have any trouble let me know.. there are other ways of doing this... it'd be nice to see an example though..
Oh, to "indent" the code you can use either margins or padding

such as.. <span style="padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px"> (the first one is the top, second is right, third is bottom, and 4th is right.. easy way to remember the order is "clockwise"..)
or these tags..
<span style="margin-left: 10px">
<span style="margin-right: 10px">
<span style="margin-top: 10px">
<span style="margin-bottom: 10px">

<span style="margin: auto auto"> is a way to center something also

or like padding <span style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px">.. same thing like padding
Span worked fine, thank you. It's looking excellent now. But are we talking about the same thing with regard to the indentation? I mean how in the code editor shown on the screenshot, lines 25 to 42 are not indented. Sorry, I'm just confused. Toungue Do I have to do something WITH code to indent that code?
you also can put <center></center> tag.. Big Grin
Basically, padding and margins are like invisible walls that push against the content that is within the tags.. So, whatever you want "pushed" or "indented" just wrap it with the above codes.. If you want it pushed to the right 20px just use <span style="margin-left: 20px">Content</span> or <span style="padding: 0px 0px 0px 20px">Content</span>
Thankyou atomiccj
Your welcome. Smile
gamermaster: I wanted right alignment, but even so <center> doesn't work for Google Adsense and apparently is generally frowned upon in web development. Thanks anyway, though.

atomicj: Thanks for the help, but I think you got the wrong end of the stick. Correct me if I'm wrong though, and if so, sorry for wasting your time! Big Grin I just wanted to tab the code in using the Edit Template page rather than having to copy/paste into a text editor then paste back. Like this badly Photoshopped image shows...

[Image: indent.png]
Oh..? hahaha.. you just wanted to put align/space the text in your templates?... I just use spaces for that.. Not sure of another method.
At least you learned something useful anyway Smile
You can see why I was confused, but I'm sure I'll find the span tips useful nonetheless. Smile Yeah, I have tried spaces, but if you press backspace at the beginning of the existing lines, you can see they've been tabbed in. Guess a text editor's the way to go, then.
Pages: 1 2