MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ok Matt, I'm asking...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was beginning to think you had some "issues" being that every time I loaded a page your avatar was different... After a little bit of thought I realize you just have an image randomizer installed...

How are you accomplishing this, if I may ask? Smile
N1 has a tutorial on it: http://www.n1studios.net/tutorials/php/r...vatar.html

Just good use of PHP Toungue
I'm so lost.. hahaha..
So basically, you'll create an image called "whatever.png" and upload it.. That filename must then match what is in the htacess file?

Hmm.. that doesn't seem to make sense either.. man. I'm stupid sometimes.
I would think he would have used shuffle() or array_rand() instead. Their's just so many ways to do things. Toungue
Try explaining this to a 5 year old for a second.. I don't understand PHPingo.. Toungue

Basically, this is not a feature that could be used by a regular user then?
(2009-02-24, 04:25 PM)atomicj Wrote: [ -> ]Try explaining this to a 5 year old for a second.. I don't understand PHPingo.. Toungue

Basically, this is not a feature that could be used by a regular user then?

Yes it is. You're simple using PHP to generate a png or whatever image using an image that has been randomly selected from your array.
This is the one I use:
[attachment=12885]

Change line 109 to the path of the folder that contains the images you want to use, and that's it. Then when you change your avatar, give the link to this PHP file.

Smile
You just have an array of images URIs, pick one at random using rand_array and output it as image data.
(2009-02-24, 05:07 PM)MiNT Wrote: [ -> ]You just have an array of images URIs, pick one at random using rand_array and output it as image data.

I think you mean array_rand Toungue
(2009-02-24, 05:08 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-24, 05:07 PM)MiNT Wrote: [ -> ]You just have an array of images URIs, pick one at random using rand_array and output it as image data.

I think you mean array_rand Toungue

maybe, its been a while since i did any web programming.
Pages: 1 2 3 4