MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User can't see a post at the top of a new page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This bug has been plaguing my board forever. It's followed me from host to host, with different themes and templates -- including the default one -- but I've never personally been afflicted by it. It has affected all usergroups. A user is unable to read a post if it is the only post on that page. Lots of users make responses simply reading "bug" so that a second post will appear on the page, so that they can read it.

I've never experienced it, but now I have irrefutable evidence of its existence, and I want to work towards squashing it for good.

So, the user Deikailo sends me a PM saying she can't see the post she made, so I go to check it out.

[Image: Picture-3.jpg]

[Image: Picture-4.jpg]

Oh, well, there it is. So I use the user hijack plugin to login as her to see if I can see her post.

[Image: Picture-5.jpg]

Her post is selected, so I click it.

[Image: Picture-6.jpg]

... what? This is the first page of the thread. Check the URL in the address bar; it matches the URL I used when I viewed her post, but it brings me to the first page of the thread. I go to the last page, 48 (keep in mind that her post is the top post on page 49).

[Image: Picture-7.jpg]

It's not there, and page 49 does not exist.

I really want to solve this problem once and for all; I'm sick of seeing users respond with "bug" just so they can read the top post. Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this?
Try to rebuild the thread counters.
I can see that problem also as a guest.

Can you agree with me that this problem doesn't occur on a non-modified board? you don't think you're the first one to find that?

Please turn off all your plugins and change to the default theme, if this problem still occur I bet it's a modification
This definately isn't a problem on a default MyBB Installation.
(2009-02-25, 01:08 PM)D-r-a-g-o-n Wrote: [ -> ]Try to rebuild the thread counters.

This seemed to fix it. :| Thanks!

I wonder how often I will have to do this to keep it fixed.
IMO it should be a new task, make it run once a week or once a day or something. That'd keep things aligned.