MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: For those of you who make graphics..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't you just HATE it when your finished with everything.. especially when you make a large amount of images... I mean, you spend all this time making the images and then you finish and then... oh! Time to create a preview of all the images.... Bleh!..
Batch conversion?
I mean.. making the previews of the graphics you just made. Along with the thread that goes with them. haha..
1. Open them all up at once in your image editor and line them up.
2. Alt + Prt Scr then Ctrl + V.
3. ...
4. Profit!
Ya, I realized an easier solution to what I was doing. Just open the folder they are in View>Thumbnails Print Screen Paste Crop Done - Kinda crappy looking, but whatever. It's a pain to align 200+ images for a preview..
If this is for a website, cant you make a simple program to create a preview for you?
We make pwetty graphics... Not programs. Toungue
I don't understand, what's difficult about making "previews"?
(2009-03-01, 07:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand, what's difficult about making "previews"?

It's not difficult, just time consuming. Put it this way, when you create multiple graphics, say, over 100, it's very time consuming to put all of those onto one image which serves as a high quality preview for the people who you are offering them to. But not only is it putting all of the images into one but then you have to align them appropriately and extra effects/graphics etc. There is quite a bit of science to making an attractive preview.. I'm not that good at it yet.

Something like this is not so time consuming, but something like this becomes a little more time consuming and so on and so on..

This is one reason most people don't make previews of their work. It will usually take longer to put a preview together than to make your graphics haha.. well, for me at least. Unless of course you have a good method of doing so.. I think the print screen method is probably the best option (but it looks cheesy) when working with large amounts of images.. and it shows the name of the images, like so.. looks cheezy but at least you see the images and they are all aligned good.

I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from now.
Yeah, I understand it now. I imagine a lot of designers for things like icons make everything in one document and export it as slices, making a preview image a bit simpler. I've recently started doing this too.
Pages: 1 2