MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please help with photo downloads!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using MyBB 1.4.2 on my forum http://loftgolf.net/forum and am having problems with adding attachments to the posts. We have unlimited downloads available but the attachments aren't uploading Other customers have had this problem also with our site. Is there something we're doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(2009-02-25, 04:01 PM)loftgolf Wrote: [ -> ]I am using MyBB 1.4.2 on my forum http://loftgolf.net/forum and am having problems with adding attachments to the posts. We have unlimited downloads available but the attachments aren't uploading Other customers have had this problem also with our site. Is there something we're doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OK, I just attached the same photo I was trying to post on my forum here and it worked just fine. What's happening?
[attachment=12900]I may have figured out my own answer. Sorry to post again but I'm trying to post an attchment with a new reply. That's what didn't work on my forum. Nope, that wasn't the problem. I was able to post it here with no problem. HELP!!!
I believe this was an issue with 1.4.2 for a short period of time. But considering your version of MyBB is 2 versions old, and is vulnerable, you should upgrade.

By upgrading to 1.4.4, your problem will be solved. You can read about upgrading in [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead). You should also read the 1.4.4 Announcement
(2009-02-25, 04:52 PM)Tomm- Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this was an issue with 1.4.2 for a short period of time. But considering your version of MyBB is 2 versions old, and is vulnerable, you should upgrade.

By upgrading to 1.4.4, your problem will be solved. You can read about upgrading in [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead). You should also read the 1.4.4 Announcement

I appreciate your input, Tomm, but last time I tried to upgrade my entire forum section crashed. I believe it has more to do with my web service company than MyBB. Any suggestions? I'd love to upgade to the latest and greatest. Please advise.
If you upgrade correctly, you won't have any issues. It's just a case of uploading all the files from the 1.4.4 package apart from ./inc/settings.php and ./inc/config.php and running the upgrade script.