MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I would like to know how many of you have had an intruder gain unauthorized access to your forum. My biggest concern is to protect my members and I have heard that MyBB has some serious security vulnerabilities.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
(2009-02-25, 04:22 PM)fmjc001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like to know how many of you have had an intruder gain unauthorized access to your forum. My biggest concern is to protect my members and I have heard that MyBB has some serious security vulnerabilities.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
A quick search reveals this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44977.html

~Rich
Er, care to explain these 'serious security vulnerabilities'??

Whoever told you that is lying, there are no big security risks at all. Please give evidence before you make bold claims like that.

Rolleyes
There is currently no known security vulnerabilities / issues with MyBB 1.4.4.

There are methods to take security to an extra level, as mentioned in the previous post. Just remember to keep the software updated, and there won't be a problem.

MyBB has also been through a security audit to ensure it has no security vulnerabilities.
Hey guys, i'm not looking for ways to take security up a level. I was looking to see how many people have their myBB boards hacked. Also, i'm not claiming mybb is insecure, that's why i'm asking. A friend of mine told me that MyBB had some security problems. I have already taken measures to increase security.

Sorry if i offended anyone, I was just asking to see if i should expect security problems. Obviously not.

You can delete this thread Smile
It won't be deleted but when people just come out with something like there's 'serious security vulnerabilities' when there clearly isn't and there's no evidence, kinda gets to us. Isn't just you though, other people have said similar things but there's never any evidence, it's just 'I heard...'. But you can be sure that there is nothing like that at all in 1.4.4, and if anything was found, patching it would be a priority.

People have had their forums hacked but I doubt they'd really want to discuss it. Usually they want to forget about it and move on.
Ok, sorry for bringing it up. MyBB is a great piece of software and I'm very happy with it. I just don't want to wake up one morning to find everything changed...Sad

Ill also make sure to tell my friend what you said.

Thanks...sorry again.
Oh, also check out this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-9991.html

I think most of that is in the other thread but it's worth a look anyway.
Thanks Mattalan, I have already implemented these security measures and put a .htaccess on the admin dir.
So far, my big forum safe Smile
Pages: 1 2