MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URL of current reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I missing something obvious, or is there no way to easily grab the URL directly to the current reply in a thread, without going through the FIND command and picking out the post from those results? Thanks.
Click the post # in the postbit?? Or isn't that what you mean...
OK, that's what I missed. Thanks. It would be nice if there were a more obvious LINK box down at the bottom of each individual posting.
(2009-02-25, 06:22 PM)P55 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, that's what I missed. Thanks. It would be nice if there were a more obvious LINK box down at the bottom of each individual posting.

Confused

How obvious would you want it to be? It's in exactly the same place, if not more obvious than Invision and vBulletin...
The same size and appearance as the FIND box at the bottom of postings (or WWW when present). A similar box labeled LINK.

I've already had several people ask me how they could link to individual items -- the fact that the post number is hot is not terribly obvious, and I'd like to encourage linking directly to specific posts.
Customise it yourself...??
Any suggestions on where in the code?
Probably the postbit and postbit_classic template.