MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mails by Forum Users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

is there a way to let users in a specified group do mass e-mails to specified mailing lists? This is the scenario:

- about 15 users in my specially created group "board"
- about 15 different e-mail mailing lists, no more than 50 addresses per list. Typical list would be "Elementary School Parents' Reps" or "French Section Parents' Reps", so list members could overlap.
- members of the "board" group need to be allowed to do mass e-mails to any of these mailing lists.
- mass e-mails may include attachments.
- nice to have would be that mass e-mails show the sending "board" member's name as the sender.
- a commercial smtp server is available, no relevant limit on e-mails sent per hour or message size.

Is there a plugin that does this?

Thanks in advance

Felix
Moved to requests, good luck!
I don't want this article to be moved. If what I want cannot be done from within MyBB, maybe a user knows a way.
(2009-02-26, 01:46 AM)dvb Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to requests, good luck!
(2009-02-26, 07:49 AM)fwalderd Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want this article to be moved. If what I want cannot be done from within MyBB, maybe a user knows a way.
(2009-02-26, 01:46 AM)dvb Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to requests, good luck!

This is a plugin request, it goes in the plugin request forum.
(2009-02-26, 07:49 AM)fwalderd Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want this article to be moved. If what I want cannot be done from within MyBB, maybe a user knows a way

You can't do this with unmodified board.

To tell the truth, I don't think that someone will write a plugin for you for free.

If you don't want to pay (as most of us Big Grin ) I think it'll be easier to install a full mailing system, and somehow to integrate it with MyBB according to your needs.

Look here for mailing list managers
(2009-02-26, 07:49 AM)fwalderd Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want this article to be moved. If what I want cannot be done from within MyBB, maybe a user knows a way.

Well it can't be done by default, so it needs a plugin, ergo it gets moved to requests Smile It's either that or Mods discussion and support really.