MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange Problem With Admin CP After Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just went through the upgrade process to 1.4 and everything seemed to go really smoothly. The forum is up, but I am having problems with the Admin CP

I can go into it but whenever I click anything I get an error such as

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

To be more specific I can actually login and can click the links in the bar at the top (Home, Configuration, Forums and Posts etc) but if I click on anything else I get the error

My previous version was 1214 I am using default templates, no plugins and have not customized anything.
Thank you. I did try searching around but I didnt see that thread. Much appreciated I will see what I can do
Do you have any suggestions on how sticky threads can be made clearer?? Not many people see them even though they're right at the top...
(2009-02-26, 08:37 AM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any suggestions on how sticky threads can be made clearer?? Not many people see them even though they're right at the top...

There really isn't much else you can do... a little jQuery which puts a nice flashy animation on the sticky things would be nice but I'm not sure Prototype does that sort of thing...

Even if it did, we couldn't do it for these forums. Just keep the link on ctrl-c Toungue
Excuse me for being blind. I should have seen that sticky. However what I did was to use the Search box.

The advice in the sticky was correct. The problem was actually with my host - they fixed it and everything seems to be going well now.

Thanks again - the old blind man
(2009-02-26, 08:37 AM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any suggestions on how sticky threads can be made clearer?? Not many people see them even though they're right at the top...

I think most users will only see a sticky the first time that they login after it is posted. I know that I: Login => View New Posts. If the sticky hasn't been posted, or replied too since my last login, I'll never see it. I very seldom to never, view individual forums. Maybe it's just me.