MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi here

There is a litle bit of a problem with my forum, when someone trys to register it says their password is wrong when it is not.

Has anyone had this issue?
Yes, many people have.

Is this in the default theme?? What version are you on?? What browser are they using?? URL?? This sort of information is useful for issues like this.
No, it's not the default theme at all. It is these FreshBlue_mod_mybb_1.4 by mister_don. All are using IE7.

URL = HERE
Then that theme in IE7 will cause problems. It has a password box in the welcomeblock, and 2 in the registration form - IE hates that and throws an error.
(2009-02-26, 10:49 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Then that theme in IE7 will cause problems. It has a password box in the welcomeblock, and 2 in the registration form - IE hates that and throws an error.

so well thats not really an answer on how to stop this problem from happening...
Get a better browser..Problem solved!
when you say get a browers what do you mean or what do you suggest?
I mean get a browser that actually functions properly. Like Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox.
(2009-02-27, 12:21 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I mean get a browser that actually functions properly. Like Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox.

How is he supposed to force all of his users to get a better browser? I mean, I agree with what you're saying, but this isn't a practical answer.
(2009-02-27, 12:03 AM)ChazyFresh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-26, 10:49 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Then that theme in IE7 will cause problems. It has a password box in the welcomeblock, and 2 in the registration form - IE hates that and throws an error.

so well thats not really an answer on how to stop this problem from happening...

Well if you think about it, yes, it is. The login box in the welcomeblock is causing the error, ergo to fix it, you remove the login box.