MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin panel setting problem! (BUG)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm facing a problem, don't know when this problem happened, but last night i saw it, it might happened while upgrading the script, please see the pictures attach with the post, why its showing double links in forum setting panel. any suggestion what should i do to remove the double links Smile

[Image: image1.JPG]
[Image: image2.JPG]
Just use the Remove Settings option.
There is no option like this to remove the setting.

[Image: image3.JPG]
Hm. I don't know then. I'm sure someone here can help though!
i wish i could reinstall the forum but the have already too many posts, members and plugins installed that can't imagine of reinstalling the forum.

So any one can help me out of this trouble?
This is a PM I wrote up some time ago to help someone with the same issue - I think it will apply to you. Make a backup of your forum first, and if possible even try it out on a non-live forum.
Ryan Loos Wrote:Please make a backup before doing this!
I am going to use the table prefix "mybb_" - just for example's sake.
Go to phpMyAdmin, choose your database.
Find 'mybb_settings' and click browse
Have a look at the gids over on the right hand side and see which gids are in use. gid = Settings group ID in this case.
Go back and find 'mybb_settinggroups' and click browse
Have a look at the gids again (on the left hand side this time) and click the checkbox for each one that you noted was not being used by the settings.
So if gid 1,2,3,4,5, etc was not being used, check their boxes and then click the 'X' at the bottom
You should see a page asking if you are sure, say yes ONLY IF YOU HAVE A BACKUP
Now go back to your Admin CP and have a look at the settings.