MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help - Php mail sending Email validation problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

This Php mail sending Email validation issue brings to me a headache, I have no idea if this problem came from my Web hosting Website or from MYbb 1.4.4 software.

Now here are the problem I encountered, I made also screen shots to make my explanation more clearly.

1. I made a test member registration on my forum http://cellvids.com, after done filling up all the required filled, a pop-up message said " Thank you for registering on Cellphone Videos, bisnoy88.
To complete your registration, please check your email for account activation instructions. Until you activate your account you may not be able to post on these forums "

But when I've check the test member Email, I get nothing.
[Image: mail.jpg]

2. So after that I goto System Mail Log at the Admin Control Panel, Here what I got;

[Image: validation.jpg]

3. Then I go back to test member profile, then I decided resend the email activation to this e-mail [email protected].

[Image: validation1.jpg]

Then a pop-up message said,

[Image: validation2.jpg]

Again when I've check the test member Email I get nothing.
[Image: mail.jpg]

Here is my Forum Email Setting.

[Image: mailsetting.jpg]

I also used STMP Mail, using gmail smtp server but it doesn't work.

I can't figure out how to solve this problem, That's why I used to post it here.

Pls help me to solve this issue

Thanks
The errors that are regarding SMTP means you have incorrect username/password/settings. Check the settings with your host to see if they are the right ones to use.

With regard to PHP mail, have you tried [Wiki: help:mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)? If this fails, you should contact your host.
(2009-02-27, 11:50 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]The errors that are regarding SMTP means you have incorrect username/password/settings. Check the settings with your host to see if they are the right ones to use.

With regard to PHP mail, have you tried [Wiki: help:mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)? If this fails, you should contact your host.

With regards with my SMTP user name and password it seems that all inputted data are all correct, I also tried Mozilla thunderbird if I gonna send outgoing mail using the above SMTP data, and the result was succesful.

I also tried the instruction from [Wiki: help:mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)? It said that "The message sent by PHP" but when I go back to check the my email I got nothing.

Hmmmm.... weird.

By the way here is my SMTP settings.

[Image: port.jpg]

Is there any way to solve this problem?
Gmail's port isn't 25. It's 465 or 587, and has SSL encryption as far as I'm aware.

With regard to PHP mail, have you tried the send mail suggestion at the bottom of the wiki page? Also, your host may have requirements/limits, so again, it's best to talk to them. The PHP mail script works well, but it can vary on server setups...
(2009-02-27, 03:11 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Gmail's port isn't 25. It's 465 or 587, and has SSL encryption as far as I'm aware.

With regard to PHP mail, have you tried the send mail suggestion at the bottom of the wiki page? Also, your host may have requirements/limits, so again, it's best to talk to them. The PHP mail script works well, but it can vary on server setups...

Thank you very Sir Tomm M for your help, However I also tried to use port 465 and 587 before but none of them works.

Hmmm, Weired...

Sir I have one last question, why is it my forum is keep on sending me an email notifying me that there's a new member registered or joined in my forum.

The message is from Cellphone Videos with my email add bogs88@yahoo,com and mailed by: admin2.byetcluster.com What does it mean Sir?

See attached image below.

[Image: EMAIL.gif]

Thanks