MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nothing but the Default Theme available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure there is a setting or something I'm overlooking.

I have created three themes and none of them are showing up in the usercp for a user to choose despite the settings being set to All User Groups.

I am pulling information from the myBB database to set the theme to various other areas of my site but I'm not changing it. So I'm not sure where the issues might be.

URL: http://www.aliciawilkerson.com/dmdev/BB
Username: TestAccount
Password: Testing123

Is there a setting that sets the default account to override any user settings? If so where is that, I can't seem to find it.

If you need more than what I've provided please let me know and I will see what I can do. Being able to switch themes is very important to my client I'm working on this for.
You have entered an invalid username or password combination.

Are you sure those login details are correct.....??

But you're saying in the theme settings, it's set to show to all groups, yet they still don't??
Yeah. I've checked and rechecked the settings for each theme and the "All Groups" setting is selected for all themes.

And when you go to the user cp you just get:

Default Theme
-----

And none of the themes show up.

password is lowercase t on testing123 (sorry about that)
That's odd. Something's missing, it should say Use Default, and then the name of the only theme available under the -------. Is your usercp_options template default?? Make sure you have this down the bottom:

<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->style}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2">{$stylelist}</td>
</tr>

Also maybe try just clicking save on the theme settings page to resend the info.
it should be I've not touched the file. I have set them several times to resend the info from the theme settings and nothing has seemed to work.

I'm pretty sure that the default mybb theme wasn't working as well.

I will check that particular section in a bit and see if it somehow got removed. But I've not touched it at all.
Well if you have any plugins installed that modify the header, that could have caused it. If you have any problems after seeing if the code that Matt said is there, feel free to post back.
I checked the usercp_options template and all is fine, it is also not green to indicate it has been changed.

I am modifying the header though I don't think I removed anything. but I will remove one peice of code from my modifications as I think that might be the problem.

*holding while making change*

I removed the potential problem from the files and it was not the problem. I have also set the theme to the default theme which comes with myBB and still the drop down is not showing all the list of themes available.

It must be a plugin that is affecting things. I will begin the process of removing each plugin and checking to see if there is an issue. If the removal process is not complete I will consider installing all the plugins on another set of boards and see when the problem comes in.

Are there any other suggestions on what I can try to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.
I figured out what was happening. The Default theme which is what all other themes are based off of was not set to be used by anyone but Admins (for some reason it wasn't showing up even then). When I gave that access to all accounts things are now working fine.

Now I've a new question.

I don't want users to be able to use the default one, but I have every other theme based off of it. Can I export full templates and the theme and install it with out having to be based on the default theme?