MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Promotions requirements order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once again, this could be considered a bug or a suggestion.

When you're creating a promotion, the order to select the criteria is posts, rep, then time registered. Why then, is the order of the settings for the amounts rep, posts, and time registered??

[attachment=12922]

Why the different order?? People will look through the 3 criteria and will subconsciously remember that order, and use that order when they go to enter the details. For example, they might put 100 rep and 10 posts, which is the order it actually is, instead of 100 posts and 10 rep, which is what they wanted to do. Doesn't seem to make much sense to have it in a different order. It's like having 3 questions, A, B, and C, but on the answer sheet they're ordered B, A, C. People won't notice.

At least I've realised why my promotions never worked Toungue
I noticed that just last nightToungue I don't know if it will make them fail, though. But I do know when I had my forums up - if I set it so a user with say 100 posts(>= - greater than or equal to) would be moved to a "Promoted" group, but instead it moved all the people with 1 post..
Well, it failed for me. I wanted to do 25 posts and 1 rep. I put it in that order as that's what the original list was in. Instead, I ended up putting 25 rep and 1 post as that is what the order actually was.
I see your point. This really isn't a bug but I'll fix the order anyway
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group